The OI Foundation relies on volunteer events held around the country to help raise awareness and funds to support the OI Foundation’s mission to improve the lives of people living with osteogenesis imperfecta.
Individual events are a great way to share your Unbreakable Spirit® in your community. If you need help setting up your event, contact Melissa Bonardi at email@example.com or 301-947-0083.
Edit your individual page with your personal story and photos.
Share your event with your friends and family via email and social media.
Join your fellow members of the OI community to come together to enjoy a cup of tea – no matter where you live. The best part is, there is no event to plan! You don’t have to rent a space, hire a caterer, or plan entertainment. Simply invite your guests to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea at home and then make a gift to the OI Foundation with the money they may have saved by not going out to a real event. Bone China Tea participants can contribute to the OIF’s awareness, support and research efforts by enjoying a cup of tea in the comfort of their own home – we even provide the tea bag!
While we do have a National Date for Bone China Tea each year, feel free to host a Bone China Tea on any day of the year!
Organizing an OI Foundation Blue Jeans for Better Bones Day event or campaign is easy and fun! You can hold a Blue Jeans for Better Bones Day anytime of the year.
To celebrate our 50th anniversary we have added a 5 Decades of Denim Photo Contest! Submit your 2020 Blue Jeans for Better Bones Day photos all year long to enter to win a $50 Old Navy Gift Card and OIF Merchandise. The contest ends January 1st 2021. Photos and questions can be sent to Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosting a Blue Jeans for Better Bones Day is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Invite members of your office, school, or church (or your friends!) to join your BJBB team. You can use this poster to spread the word.
- Everyone on your team will donate an agreed upon gift amount of $3, $5, or $10.
- On the day your team chooses to run its campaign, all participants wear blue jeans, and their awareness sticker or wristband to show their support for the OI community.
The OIF Book Club is for students and readers alike who enjoy the company of a good book and want to help support the work of the OIF. Your participation directly support the OIF’s mission to improve the quality of life for those living with osteogenesis imperfecta through research, education, awareness and mutual support.
How it works:
- Create your OIF Book Club profile page by clicking here.
- Find your sponsors! Ask your family members and friends to support your reading efforts. You can have as many sponsors as you want.
- Raise money! For every book you read, have your sponsor(s) match it with a donation. The more books you read, the more money you will raise! Fill in your reading log to collect their pledges. Or invite your sponsors to make a straight donation to the OIF.
- Win cool prizes!
The more you read, the more money you raise, and the more prizes you can win!
Whether you are interested in raising money through a bake sale, comedy show, swim event, yard sale or any other event you have in mind, we are here to help. Use the personal fundraiser to create your own fundraising page to help promote your event and collect online donations.